Everything You Need to Know About Valentine’s 2020 in Loveland
From the re-mailing program to the annual Sweetheart Festival, we have all the info about Loveland's yearly time to shine- Valentine's Day.
Loveland's Valentine Re-Mailing Program (2020)
For over 70 years, The Loveland Post Office along with the Loveland Chamber of Commerce has been stamping and re-mailing Valentines across Colorado, the USA, and the world.
Each year they have a team of 50 volunteers for the re-remailing. I was informed that there is a waiting list over 100 names long wanting to be on the team.
Each re-mailed Valentine will be stamped with the 2020 cachet (seal) before heading out through the Post Office
You can purchase a special Loveland Valentine Card if you'd like that are available at the Loveland Visitors Center:
Important dates for re-mailing:
If your Valentine is going out of the U.S, you have to have it to them by February 1, 2020.
If your Valentine is going out of Colorado/Wyoming, you have to have it to them by February 7, 2020.
If your Valentine is staying in the Colorado/Wyoming region, you have to have it to them by February 10, 2020.
How to get your Valentine stamped and re-mailed
- Say something nice within your card.
- Put the card inside the envelope it came with and put the recipient's address on it along with proper postage.
- Put that addressed, stamped card inside a larger envelope along with proper postage.
- Address that envelope to:
- Postmaster- Attention Valentines
- 446 E. 29th Street
- Loveland, Colorado 80538-9998
Valentine Beer, Wine and Coffee
Grimm Brothers will once again have their annual 'Bleeding Heart' beer, this year a Baltic Porter:
Sweet Heart Winery joins in this year, with their special Valentine wine...a Malbec:
Top of the Lake Coffee Roasters has created a Sweetheart Blend - a Mint Mocha that you'll find at the Vistors Center:
The 2020 Loveland Sweetheart Festival
Loveland celebrates the holiday in Downtown at The Foundry on February 14 and February 15 with the annual Sweetheart Festival.
- FRI 5 p.m. until 9 p.m, SAT 2 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- Live entertainment.
- 'For the Love of Beer' beer tent- local craft beers, including 'Bleeding Heart.'
- Kids Street with rides and activities.
- Local art projects.
- The Palace of Sweets- locally made sweets and desserts.
- The Sweetheart Classic 4-miler on Saturday.
- The Tunnel of Love - 12, 8-foot-tall arches with specialized lighting.
- The annual Little Miss Valentine and Little Mr. Cupid contest (registration opens at 1 p.m. at The Rialto.)
- The 2020 Love Lock Sculpture
The 2020 Love Lock Sculpture
This year's sculpture is 12 feet tall and 14 feet wide, one giant heart that you can attach your Love Lock to. Locks ($20) will be available for purchase at the Sweetheart Festival.
After the festival, the sculpture will reside at the South Shore Parkway off the lake near our little Lady Liberty.
The 2020 Valentine's Day Group Wedding
My Big Day Events brings you the annual group wedding on Valentine's Day, being held at The Foundry starting at 4:30 p.m. leading up to the Sweetheart Festival.
For $95, you can get married or renew your vows. Registration goes from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
There's definitely something for everybody when it comes to Valentine's Day in Loveland.
Love + Light at Loveland Aleworks
Inside and outside of Loveland Aleworks on February 14 and 15, you can check out great works of contemporary art installations done with light. It's a great way to enjoy a pint of craft beer.