Loveland’s Annual Corn Roast at Old Fairgrounds Park August 26, 27
It's one of the biggest parties of the year, for Loveland. A parade, bands, beer, vendors, a duck race, and roasted corn. Lots and lots of roasted sweet corn.
A sure sign that summer is winding down is when it's time for the "Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival" in Loveland. It's one of the events in town that sets the Sweetheart City apart from its neighbors.
Come one, come all to Old Fairgrounds Park, just south of Downtown, for a Friday night and a full Saturday, both full of "hometown" fun along the Big Thompson River.
It's hard to say how many teams they have signed up for the big Corn Shucking Contest, or how many ducks will eventually be entered into the Loveland Rotary's Duck Race, but it's nearly impossible to say how many roasted ears of corn will be enjoyed over the course of the event.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR THE 2022 CORN ROAST FESTIVAL
- 5 p.m: Gates Open. Kickoff.
- 5 p.m. - 10:00 p.m: Roasted Corn Sales, Beer Garden, Food & Vendors and Kids Zone.
- 5 p.m: Grand Marshall(s) Introduction.
- 5:30: Corn Shucking Contest.
- 8 p.m. - 10:00 p.m: BAND: Soul School.
- 9:30 a.m: Corn Roast Festival Parade. From Old Fairgrounds Park north on Railroad to 6th Street then back south to Old Fairgrounds Park along Cleveland Avenue.
- 11:00 a.m. - 6 p.m: Roasted Corn Sales, Beer Garden, Food & Vendors and Kids Zone.
- 12 p.m. - 2 p.m: BAND: FUNKY BUSINESS
- 4 p.m: Loveland Rotary Duck Race.
- 4 p.m. - 6 p.m: BAND: Kelsey Jo and the WildCards.
6 p.m: End of the 2022 Loveland Corn Roast Festival.