Man Arrested After Fire Burns Shed in North Fort Collins
A transient was arrested after a fire burned a shed in North Fort Collins yesterday morning. PFA firefighters and Larimer County Sheriff Deputies responded to the structure fire in the 600 block of West Willox Lane at 6:30 a.m. It was brought under control at 7:14 a.m.
Willian Ray Hannah was living in a shed on the property. Larimer County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Hannah at the scene for an outstanding criminal warrant. After the cause of the fire was determined, LCSO deputies also charged Hannah with Fourth Degree Arson, and issued a criminal summons. He was treated at the scene for minor burns and medically released.
After processing the scene, a PFA investigator determined the fire was not set intentionally. It started after the propane heater Hannah had been using to heat the shed fell over onto his sleeping bag, igniting the sleeping bag and, subsequently, the shed. The shed was destroyed in the fire, which also caused extensive damage to a nearby van and camper. Damages are estimated to be between $3,000 and $5,000.