New Ranking Says Fort Collins Would Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
According to Lawn Love, Fort Collins is the eighth-most likely city to survive a zombie apocalypse. We boast an overall survival score of 47.13, trailing only behind cities in California, Washington, Minnesota, and Vermont.
Lakewood, Colorado Springs, Thornton, Aurora, and Denver also popped up later on on the list.
But how does one come up with this ranking...especially because zombies aren't real (or are they)?
The website looked at a variety of factors to determine the cities' odds, including public health, vulnerability, infrastructure, supply availability, protection availability, and mobility.
Considering our abundance of supermarkets and penchant for physical fitness, it's no surprise that Fort Collins received a high ranking. Lawn Love reports that the Choice City also has lots of homes with survival bunkers (aka...basements).
So how could you survive a zombie apocalypse in Fort Collins? The CDC recommends the following tips:
- Make sure you are equipped with at least one gallon of water per day.
- Stock up on non-perishable food items.
- Remember your medications.
- Purchase adequate tools, including a knife, duct tape, and a radio.
- Keep sanitation items on hand (and maybe a mask...we don't know if zombies can spread COVID-19).
- Carry important documents with you.
- Have a change of clothes with you.
- Create a first aid kit...but if you're bitten, you're screwed (sorry).
I personally, however, will be following the rules from Zombieland. Feel free to join me.
Whatever you do, avoid Laredo, Texas — Lawn Love believes that they would fair the worst if The Walking Dead became a reality. Don't forget to check out the list of Colorado's hardest fourteeners to hike below...you might want to start preparing.
The 6 Most Difficult 14ers In Colorado