Sargento Cheese Recall Expands to Other Types of Cheeses
As reported two weeks ago, Sargento Cheese issued a recall of various types of cheeses due to Listeria concerns. This week, the recall has been expanded to add more variations of cheeses.
From a press release, Sargento has terminated their relationship with their supplier, Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC over possible contamination with Listeria at the supplier's facility.
The cheeses added to the expanded recall include:
- Sliced Colby
- Sliced Muenster
- Sliced Pepper Jack
- Sliced Tomato & Basil Jack
- Shredded Reduced Fat Colby-Jack
- Shredded Chef's Blends 4 Cheese Pizzeria
- Artisan Blends Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby
- Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco
- Off The Block Fine Cut Shredded Colby-Jack
- Off The Block Fine Cut Shredded Cheddar Jack
Check your fridge before using the cheeses and look up the UPC and sell by dates of the affected cheeses HERE